We are so excited to have Jenny Lake from Houston as a visiting instructor. Her work has been featured in publications such as The Knot, Style Me Pretty, and Best Friends for Frosting.
This is a beginner calligraphy class for those who have never used a calligraphy pen or who are very new to the art of Modern Calligraphy! We will have 2 hours of instruction, and all supplies will be included. You will learn about the tools, how to hold your pen, make basic strokes, how to letter A Fine Flourish‘s modern alphabet in her unique curriculum style–and then you’ll put your new skills to work.
Trained in Copperplate Calligraphy, Jenny designed this alphabet based off of traditional rules with a modern twist. She teaches within similar letterforms and strokes–rather than the traditional A to Z route–because once you master a stroke and letterform, you’ll have an easier grasp at mastering the letters and words that fall within that group.
All you need to bring is yourself, and be ready to have a great time!
Your investment includes
- 2 hours of instruction in a group setting, with time for one-on-one feedback
- 1 pen holder
- 1 nib
- 1 jar of ink
- 1 notebook for class and at home practicing
- handouts with step-by-step instructions
- Sip on cocktails and enjoy light bites while making new friends.
- Leave class with the confidence in your new skills and the tools to continue the art of calligraphy!